Tuesday, May 5, 2009

London - Day 2

Oh, what a day.... We have not stopped since 7AM this morning (which, by the way, is 1AM for you guys!)

We had a great day. Even without seeing the Changing of the Guards. We arrived at Buckingham Palace an hour early. I had a spot right next to the fence. I was actually touching the fence. Within 30 minutes we were surrounded by a mob of people. This French B**** started invading my space, stepping on my feet, pushing on my like she was just trying to get a picture. Whatever! She really ticked me off. The crowd was just too much. We moved to the outer circle with a very disappointing view. You can see how many people there were in one the pictures. But that's okay because everything else we saw and did today made up for it.

We had lunch at Sherlock Holmes Bar & Pub. Bruce had the salmon and I had the Bubble and Squeak. I will let you use your imagination but it was delicious. I look forward to experimenting with this at home. Another British favorite is mushy peas. Heather, I am going to try these just for you. :-) I will be sure to get a recipe for you to try.

The rest of the day was just exploring around the Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, and the London Eye. We also toured the Cabinet War Rooms. My new favorite quote by Winston Churchill, "We are all worms, but I think of myself as a glow-worm."

P.S. Yes Deann, This is the same shirt I wore in the pic from yesterday. I promise I won't wear it again until I have a chance to wash it. :-)

3 comments:

  1. I am NOT eating peas...nasty nasty nasty!! YUK!

    So what is Bubble and Squeak? Can't be any worse than fish taco's!! LOL

    I love that quote....I am posting it on FB in your honor right now!

    I miss you? My drive home is so lonely without chatting with you!

    You should have coughed on the French B and told her "Sorry....I just got back from Mexico--I've not been feeling well." That would have sent the girl "squealing" away!! LOL!!

    Miss you!! Ready for more pics! You can sleep when you get home!! {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I would have thought of the coughing, I'm from Mexico trick. That really would have run'm out in a scurry. Miss you guys too. Can't wait to be home but at the same time looking forward to everything that comes next. Love ya. Tell Mikey & Ky hello for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ky says hello too. We are looking thru your blog now. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete